Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I have my knife between my teeth,

my .45 at my hip and my pencil at the ready. I am ready for battle.

A few words is all it takes. A few words to spark my imagination to hurt, lie, cheat, and strangle my character's dreams and love. It must be done this torture. It must be accomplished in the best way possible in order for the book to be worth reading.

Afterall, who would read a book with no opposition? And without it is there then a reason to continue. Their characters might as well just lay down and die. Erased from existence by poor planning on the part of the author. The words I write mean nothing. They are just black spots of the correct number and spaces making them seem like sentences when in fact they are nothing more than whips of thought. Nothing more than odd thoughts of a writer who has less idea of how to torture her characters and many more ways to torture herself. All she must do is ask for an opinion of those thoughts. That is where the real torture begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment