Thursday, February 17, 2011

A poet I am not

A poet I am not but nonetheless I have written one anyway. Writing takes my abused emotions and turns them into triumph. How I have missed you, my muse.

Autoimmune

by A.E. Noble

A fool you are.

I cause you pain and disappear like the morning mist in sunlight whenever you seek out those with the white coats.

A fool you are.

Your cloudy mind is my friend. I love it as you love to sleep from my evils.
You are like a two year old who has skipped his nap. Ah, yes. Just the way I like you. The white coats ask you questions about me but you can not remember the key to their riddles. And thus they stay ignorant of my ways.

A fool you are.

You worry for your money clip. He shrinks ever smaller as the bills roll in from the white coats.
You visit them less and less. You are afraid. What if they tell you your deepest and darkest fear? The one you speak to no one. That your brain has tricked you, too.

A fool you are.

Your worry for your job as I increase your exhaustion. You press the buttons and pray the one you call boss accepts your many excuses. And I laugh at you. Why, you ask? Hahahaha! Your worry has caused a black desolation with you. The hopelessness continues as the blackness within causes more pain and fatigue.

A fool you are, I say. For you do not know yourself as well as I.

3 comments:

  1. How beautiful you are, Anne! Love yaz too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you on the group! Great eloquent poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mart and LisaK - Thank you both. I just needed to find an outlet for these emotions and, as always, writing helps me to make sense of things. I know you both understand what I mean.

    Can't wait to get back to Romcritters :) I'm hoping next week. Now that I'm "gone" I find you all even more special than I did before.

    AnneN (who hates prepositions) :)

    ReplyDelete